Custom Jeep wins CTEK Road to SEMA grand prize
Bowman’s vehicle will be featured
in 2020 CTEK advertising campaign
There’s no mistaking Chad Bowman’s 2017 Jeep Sahara. His custom-built white-and-purple lifted Jeep turns heads.
“People either love it or hate it,” said Bowman. “If they’re Jeep people, they usually don’t like it because it’s so far out there, but I enjoy it and it’s my creation.”
Bowman was named the grand prize winner in CTEK’s 2019 Road to SEMA campaign. He was honored during CTEK’s VIP Party in Las Vegas on Tuesday, Nov. 5.
In the months leading up to the 2019 SEMA Show, well-known auto and motorcycle enthusiasts served as CTEK “co-pilots” for the Road to SEMA. Individuals had the chance to submit photos of their rides via social media with that week’s co-pilot selecting a favorite.
Weekly photo winners were entered into the grand prize contest, where Bowman’s Jeep was selected as the top entry overall.
“It’s always an honor to be recognized for something you’ve built,” said the Florida-based Bowman.
CTEK offers battery management solutions and is a leading global brand in the care and maintenance of vehicle batteries. The company offers high-quality, reliable battery chargers and accessories.
As the grand prize winner, Bowman’s Jeep will be featured in a 2020 CTEK North American advertising campaign. He also will receive a CTEK prize package, and his winning photo will be autographed by Road to SEMA co-pilots and influencers.
Bowman had been building cars for two years before the first Fast & the Furious movie debuted. When the automotive-based film hit screens, “everything blew up,” said Bowman. The film franchise sparked his passion for creating custom builds.
Showcasing his creations at SEMA has taken things to a new level. “I’ve been to SEMA the last four years,” he said. “It’s a great exhibition of companies and parts, and it’s always fun to do something a bit different.”
His first SEMA build was a Toyota Tundra, and, since then, his creations have become “bigger, crazier and more expensive,” said Bowman.
He built his Jeep Sahara for SEMA 2018 and then brought it back for the 2019 show. “Usually I start with a vision and then have a rendering done. From there, it takes me about a year (to complete the build),” explained Bowman.
While the exterior of his Jeep build is impressive, Bowman said the interior is his personal favorite. “It’s absolutely one-of-a-kind. No one else has anything like it.”
“We are thrilled with the winning selection, and it’s ironic that Chad’s passion came from the Fast & the Furious film franchise because, this year, we had a car from Fast & Furious 6 in our SEMA booth,” said Bobbie DuMelle, Executive Vice President of CTEK North America.
“We’re looking forward to seeing Chad’s Jeep in a 2020 CTEK advertising campaign, and we appreciate all of the co-pilots who participated and all of the people who submitted photos of their own unique vehicles to our 2019 Road to SEMA contest,” added DuMelle.
For more information about CTEK’s innovative battery charging products, visit www.smartercharger.com.
- CTEK SWEDEN AB is a leading global brand in the care and maintenance of vehicle batteries. CTEK's unparalleled knowledge and continuous investment in innovation means they push the boundaries of research and development to bring new and unique battery charging technologies to the market.
- CTEK offers the market high-quality, reliable chargers and accessories that are effective, user-friendly and, most importantly, safe (for the user, the vehicle electronics, the battery, and the charger).
- CTEK’s range of E-mobility products and solutions range from individual charging stations for charging at home to larger corporate and commercial installations with many charging stations, that require load balancing as well monitoring and payment solutions.
- With products and solutions for 6, 12 & 24V lead-acid & lithium (12V LiFePO4) as well as Electrical Vehicle batteries, CTEK products are designed and tested to deliver maximum performance in a range of different situations.
- CTEK sells over one million battery chargers each year across the globe and regularly tops independent battery charger competitive tests.
- CTEK supplies chargers to the world’s most recognized manufacturers including Audi, Bentley, BMW, Corvette, Ferrari, Jaguar, Maserati, McLaren, Mercedes, Porsche, and Rolls-Royce.
- For more information, visit www.smartercharger.com.
Bobbie DuMelle, Executive Vice President
CTEK North America